question about 88 vanagon

Considering purchase of an 88 vanagon, about 110,000 miles. Manual transmission. Not a camper.

I vaguely recall that some of the vanagons have an insanely expensive and complex exhaust system -- would that include the 88 models?

How do they hold up? I had a '91 Jetta that made it to 190K miles without any major problems before I sold it.

This one has a tow ball on the back; what is the towing capacity?

Many thanks,

Allan

Reply to
astreib-google

expensive exhaust YES

it's a money pit

towing, with only about 100hp... you do the math.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck