2000 Passat Air Intake Duct

I'm new to doing any work on a car, so I'm sorry if the terminology is all way off.

My passenger-side low-beam went out, so I decided that would be easy enough to replace without shelling out for a garage to fix it. Found some good instructions online, and now that I've gone through it once, it wasn't bad at all. I did have problems, however, getting the air intake duct back in place. The right side of the duct, which connects horizontally, is completely in place on the top, but underneath the collar will not slide into the fitting the entire way. When I feel around below, I can tell that there is a gap. I don't feel any cracks, so I think air will flow correctly, it's just that the collar isn't completely recessed into the fitting.

Do I need to be worried about this, or will it be fine?

Thanks.

Reply to
bockj96