Re: 2008 Volkswagen Eos - Great car!

I just purchased a new 2008 Eos, after looking at several other convertibles. The retractable hardtop/sunroof make this an especially remarkable car. I nearly bought a BMW 328i hardtop convert, but the Eos is more than $15K less ... and gets better ratings in Consumer Reports. I've been a Toyota customer for many years, and I seriously considered the Solara ragtop, but I like the retractable metal roof on the Eos much better. Visibility is also so much better with the top up on an Eos. Perhaps Toyota will have a retractable hardtop in the near future, since this ('08) is the last model year for the Solara. For now, the Eos gets my vote as the best 4+ passenger convertible around $30K. If you get the most expensive Eos, you can still spend around $40K ... but the typical trim levels are close to $30K with normal discounts. And ... 0% financing for 36 months. It's not a flashy car like the BMW, but it has clean lines and attractive, understated good looks. Good job VW! Paul

Reply to
Paul EZ

All I can say is make sure you get rid of it before the warranty runs out. Oh yeah & get used to water leaks.

Reply to
Craig

I gave the EOS a serious look while I was at the dealer making my deposit for the 09 TDI Jetta. What a GREAT looking car. If I had the garage space and some extra cash, I'd buy one for a fun car. It's a tad too small for my daily driving needs (I'm a salesmen that carries a lot of literature) but it truly beats everything I've seen so far in a retractable hard top.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Well, so far I'm quite happy with the Eos. It's fun to drive, and I'm getting great MPG. But, on the issue of problems ... I hope you find help for your negative attitude and pessimism issues! Paul

Reply to
Paul EZ

I got the 7-year mechanical breakdown insurance on my EOS... so I'm not worried. And the leaks are minor. Even through a high-pressure carwash only minor drips...

Reply to
dwacon

Its not a pessimism issue. Its a realism issue. I worked at a VW dealership for 2 years having to fix those things. Nothing but headaches.

Reply to
Craig

Only 2 years, I been doing the VW dealer for 35+. Where and which dealer?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Mississauga Volkswagen in Ontario Canada

Reply to
Craig

Wise decision.

What leaks in a new car. My 10yr+ Chrysler has never leaked.

The 2 VW Beetles I had many years ago also didn't leak. Where is the body made, in low quality Mexico?

Reply to
Josh S

I know a chap who works in VW service- BC, Canada. His wife works in service at a Toyota dealership. They compared notes and he bought a Toyota. His boss threatened to fire him, but changed his mind when he heard the reason he didn't buy a VW for himself.

Another friend is from Germany. He gave up > Its not a pessimism issue. Its a realism issue. I worked at a VW dealership

Reply to
Josh S

The roofs leak. VW's say 1 drip per second is acceptable. Only with this on the EOS is most times the leak drips right on the drivers & passangers leg.

Reply to
Craig