Is there a hardtop convertible in Toyota's near future?

2008 is the last year for the Solara convertible. It's nice for a ragtop, but it also has the ragtop limitations, especially limited visability.

Has anyone heard what (if anything) might replace the Solara? I'm hoping, almost assuming, that the replacement will be a retractable hardtop design. Toyota doesn't miss the mark very often, but they seem dewfinitely behind the curve on a hardtop convert. Yes, Lexus has the overpriced SC model ... but I'd like to see something that the rest of us can afford. VW has the Eos that looks mighty good, but I've been prone to buy Toyotas and I'd prefer not to change. Pontiac, Chrysler, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo and others also offer a retractable hardtop convert. Why not Toyota?

MB

Reply to
Mister Bear

Maybe the new Suboyata "sports car" will include a hard top convertible....

Reply to
C. E. White

Did you miss the line that said "Yes, Lexus has the overpriced SC model ... but I'd like to see something that the rest of us can afford."

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

My guess is that the next iteration of the Solara convertible will have a retractable hardtop. The retractable hardtop does have some limitations, like very limited trunk space with the top stowed, but the security and comfort of a hard top probably outweighs the negatives.

Reply to
Ray O