Re: Jetta noise from dash..ahhhhhh!

I have heard a similar noise from a 1999 Jetta GL TDI from work. I went to press the brakes, and the noise was emitted, very similar in description to what you heard, andthe brake pedal disapeared into the floor, then came back up. I think it was a vacuum problem.

I have a 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T. It has almost 100,000kms and > last week it started making this annoying high pitch noise. It is very > hard to describe but I can relate it to a hiss from a balloon with a > very small hole in it where the air comes out realatively slowly. The > noise comes and goes while driving, can be heard when the engine is > shut off for about 15 seconds after removing the key; heard without > any electronics on and sounds like it is coming from behind the > dashboard. Cannot hear the sound under the hood only in the cabin. > > If anyone has any ideas, I would gladly entertain your thoughts as > this is driving me crazy, especially when I drive. > > bluezmam
Reply to
Rob Guenther

Does not seem to matter where my heat/air controls are.I even get the noice with the system and all other electronics in off position car running or not. I do like your suggestion as I haeard that vacumm is used on this car as well.

bluezmam

Reply to
bluezmam