Re: New 2 seater VW

I doubt the badge would make it into production, I don't think I would need a glowing emblem staring at me while driving at night, way too distracting.... and I know I would try to get it to pulse while driving.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Volkswagen will introduce a 2-seater sports car > at next week's Frankfurt auto show in Germany. The car, called the > Concept-R, is a concept vehicle, but, according to reports in the > automotive media, VW plans to produce a very similar vehicle by 2006. > > The 261-horsepower mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive V6 roadster > accelerates from zero to 100 kilometers per hour -- or 62 miles per > hour -- in 5.2 seconds. The car has an automatic transmission which > can be operated manually using buttons mounted on the steering wheel. > > In the concept car, the driver and passenger seats do not move. > Instead, the dashboard, which is covered in shiny polished aluminum, > is movable, as are the pedals. The passenger can adjust a movable > footrest. > > When the LED headlights come on, circular covers over the headlights > open -- first one, then the other -- revealing a narrow beam that > widens as each light is uncovered. The VW emblem in the steering wheel > is also created with LED lights. > > Although it looks like a three-dimensional chrome badge, it is > actually is actually a flat light display. When the car is turned not > running, it disappears entirely. When the car is in stand-by mode, it > pulses gently.
Reply to
Rob Guenther

Rob Guenther

Here's few links to some pics.