Re: VW Shop in N. Va. needed

How far are you willing to drive? I was recommended Deutsch American by a friend with a Mercedes, who does all hs repair there. They did a really good job for me with scheduled maintenance. They are in Ijamsville MD, just south of Frederick on I-270. 301-696-1314. It's a long drive from most of Northern Virginia, however.

is in Falls Church, but they never returned any of my calls and their email box is full...

My beloved 1996 Passat TDI with 140K miles on it needs new clutch. Could > anybody recommend good independent shop in the Northern Virginia area. I > have the parts. > > thanks > > D. > >
Reply to
4Motion

Hmmm...volkswerks seems to be defunct. Their web site advertises "adult services in New Orleans." Not exactly a clutch change, but more likely to get your motor going, I guess.

Reply to
4Motion

If you deal with Ted at Volkswerks, never mention anything online and never EVER mention the Corrado club - he will suddenly stop returning your phone calls... too bad, he does do decent work, but he's got a serious attitude re: the Corrado list. Dunno what happened but someone rubbed him the wrong way and he apparently holds a grudge.

some shops that are OK in a pinch: WB Motors, Pickett Road, Fairfax; Auto International, Annapolis, MD (highly recommended); Ranier, College Park, MD; and a shop that I disremember the name of but it's owned by a guy named PEter and is right near the Wheaton Metro station.

nate

4Moti>
Reply to
Nathan Nagel

I'm very close to Fairfax City - about 6 miles and drive to Frederick is also within reach. Does Deutsch American work on VW also?

Thanks for you replies.

D.

Reply to
DCM

Yes, DA works on VW. I own a VW Passat. The guy's name is Jason Alexander.

Make sure you get directions, unless you own a GPS system. He's located in a hangar at a runway near Frederick.

Reply to
4Motion

I think you're thinking of Wheaton Service Center on Fern St. Also, Rainers has apparently morphed into Auto Boys; not sure if they have any of the same staff as before.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Hecker