Replace Panel Cluster Lights on 96 Passat

Hi All,

To replace the panel cluster lights, those that light up the speedometer and tachometer, etc., is it necessary to remove the steering wheel? Is it possible to do the job without removing the steering wheel and air bag? If you have any experience with this job I would appreciate any insight before I start. I am uncomfortable with working the car steering with the active air bag.

Thanks.

Note: To reply directly please remove the x-y-z from e-mail address.

Reply to
canaanskier

It's can be done but I always remove the steering wheel. Just disconnect the battery before removing the steering wheel. And when you go to connect the battery turn the ignition key on first and then connect the battery. If it's going to go off you will not be in the car...

Reply to
Woodchuck