replaced alternator still not charging, what could it be?

OK, this s a wierd one, I replaced the alternator on my rabbit D. It worked for 5 minutes, then got an alternator light agian. My question is, could something else be burning the alternator out? It was a rebuilt, so it could have failed, but what else should I check?

Thanks

Reply to
dukecola

Try checking the wires running from the alt. to the battery. Maybe you have a bad connection or a broken/corroded wire.