Sale Kubvan 1.6 diesel auto and 82 Rabbit conv 66,000 miles

I have had people ask and I am not sure if this is the forum to post it. If this is in error please excuse me and direct me to the proper venue. If not these are located in Hernando County Florida close to Brooksville. Any questions please reply yo mr.a2l1ATgmailDOTcom.

> I I have two unique Volkswagens for sale. I will sell individually >> or as a package. >> >> 1982 Volkswagen Rabbit Convertible. This is an all original car >> with 66,331 ORIGINAL miles. It has had two registered owners but the >> same family. This IS the original little old lady car. This lady in >> Cocoa Beach bought this car new. When she wasnt able to drive anymore >> she gave it to her son who left it parked in the carport. This car has >> the original Florida title,currently open as signed by the original >> owner. The son never drove it. This Rabbit sat in the carport for the >> last 15 years. It was started occasionally and moved in and out of the >> carport but never driven anywhere, never left the driveway. He filled >> the tires every year and backed it out and back in every time he came >> to Florida for the winter. He did this until the battery died. Never >> replaced the battery and never moved it since. I was preparing to >> replace the fuel pump because he never added any gas the whole time so >> it is down and ready for the replacement. The underhood rust is from >> the battery corrosion. The "missing" trim on the car is included and is >> inside. Some trim was removed to assess the rust condition. >> >> The Rabbit Convertible hasnt been started in at least five years >> but the oil is clear and I dont expect any damage, especially with the >> miles that are on it. The son was in his late 60's when the car was no >> longer moved and I do believe the story because what I found so far is >> accurate and honest to the description he gave me. The car has power >> mirrors,automatic,cruise,air conditioning but a manual top. All the >> trim rings and hubcaps are there and as near as I can tell there are no >> parts missing anywhere. I have spent the past few months accumulating >> parts and will include them with a solid offer. >> >> >> 1984 Grumman 1.6 Diesel automatic. This truck was owned by me >> throughout the 90's and when I sold it , it was sold with the >> understanding that I would be offered first refusal when it was going >> to be resold. The people I sold it to proceeded to blow up the motor in >> the first year they had it. The truck sat in their backyard for the >> next seven years. I just got the Grumman back about 4-5 months ago. I >> had it taken to SunrayBugs in Dade City Florida where the motor was >> gone over and the front end repaired. There are new seals in the pump >> and all new belts. The original motor was too far gone so a replacement >> motor was aquired, torn down and repaired and installed. This hasnt >> even been started yet ZERO hours. I had it towed back to my place and I >> installed a new master cyclinder and started to work on the brake >> system. I have removed the rear drums got new inner and outer bearings >> new spring kit-complete- and new shoes for the rear. I removed the >> shoes and springs and was in the process of removing the wheel >> cyclinders to replace them with NEW wheel cyclinders. That is the >> progression of the work so far. I do know the history of this truck >> because I was the previous owner. Currently the wiring in the engine >> compartment needs to be finished. By finished I mean I bought a new >> relay for the glow plugs and it needs connected. The wiring is all >> there and complete the relay needs screwed in. The temp control for the >> fan needs connected. these wires were damaged so I replaced the wires >> with another plug assembly and it needs spliced back in thats it. I >> have tons of extra parts for this vehicle as well. When the motor was >> being replaced I had them install all the mounts for the air >> conditioning system. I have a complete Rabbit air conditioning system >> (two actually) including the compressor and evaporator, etc ready to >> install. I have an extra radiator and alot of diesel extras( pumps >> etc). Again this will go with the Grumman for the right offer. >> >> >> I can no longer work on these vehicles because of my disability. I >> am now on a disability income and can not afford to finish work on >> these vehicles. They are being offered as is. I have tried to take as >> many honest photos as possible. I have included ALL the damage and the >> rust. I realize this makes these vehicles look like they are in bad >> shape but they are very very solid and easily restorable. I wanted to >> show all the bad you can figure the good for yourself. I do have >> Florida titles on both and both are free and clear. >> >> I am not looking to "give away" either of these so please no >> unreasonable or silly offers. I would really prefer to sell this as a >> package both vehicles and all the parts but will separate them. I will >> even consider selling the parts and parting the vehicles but that will >> only be if I cannot get realistic price for the vehicles. If you would >> like parts you may inquire but please dont expect an answer or any >> availability for a few weeks. I would much rather wait awhile and sell >> complete vehicles as I would have to hire someone to remove parts, >> >> Please see the following link for a complete set of photos. I can >> take specific photos on request if necessary: >>

Photos are here:

albumview=slideshow&mediafilter=images A trade of a complete and nice Volkswagen with alot otr a little cash will also be considered. Keep in mind I am disabled and connot do any repair work so please dont submit offers with vehicles that need work, thats why I am selling these. Also because I have difficulty getting around an automatic is preferred but will still consider a standard. The buyer will be responsible for all transportation and pick up. Storage for a short period will be ok.

Thanks all,

A J

Reply to
A J