Selling Price

I am selling my 93 Golf, and need a litte advice on pricing.

I was asking $1500 Cdn as is. It is recently e-tested, but the floor had some pretty serious rusting holes that were fixed, but I think there are new ones. As well, the timing pulley is sweaking, the brakes aren't great, there is carpet, but no underpadding so it is loud as hell, 242,000 km, a pretty noticeable smell of hot oil or coolant, etc. I was selling it as so I wouldn't need to deal with cert., however it really isn't going anywhere. I was hoping to have someone who wanted it for parts, or who knows VW's and can fix it cheaply.

Had someone offer $500 today. Is that to little, or should I take the $ and run and stop spending time answering questions abuot what it would take to safety and get it off my lawn?

Any advice?

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Selling price is what you can get for it. If you think someone is willing to buy a poorly running Golf with what sounds like a leaking heater core (the smell never goes away.)

My criteria is simple... no car is worth $500 US if it won't pass an inspection/certification. If you can't make it do that, $500 CDN may be the best you can hope for.

-Don

Reply to
Don Mac Phee

Thanks Don,

I am likely going to take $500, as realistically, since it was my old car, I am seeing it through rose colored glasses. It really is a piece of junk, and like I said to my wife last night, just want it off our lawn.

Glenn

D> Selling price is what you can get for it. If you think someone is willing

Reply to
Glenn

As described, your car is certainly worth no more than $500. However, there are many websites that can provide prices on used cars of any make and model - based on year, mileage, and general condition. One of them is Kelly Blue Book, at

Papa

Ended up getting $1000 for it, as is, where is.

Reply to
Glenn

All right!!

Reply to