Service Action

Got a letter today from VWoA about replacing the Crankcase Breather Hose on my 02 Passat 1.8T. It says I have up to 100,000 miles or ten years before the Service Action expires. My question is should I be concerned about this and get it replaced or just wait till it's necessary. My mechanic says it appears to be in pretty good shape.

Reply to
Stan Dupp

Why wait, it's issued for a reason! Bet it's a free fix too! I haven't read the SA yet but I bet it has something to do with the inside of the hose?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Hose material apparently gets soft and spongy and can fail.

Reply to
Keep on Plonkin'

Reply to
Stan Dupp

I would just go get it replaced; it's probably a free fix.

Reply to
seawolfeusn