shifter for Golf TDI

Hi Gang

Just ordered a 2004 Golf TDI ( 5 speed ). I had three air cooled bugs back in the late 70's and had a nice Indy shifter with a "T" handle in that I installed in them.

I still have the Indy shifter which is a nice chrome stick and "T" handle and was wondering if anyone knows if it would fit the Golf (the golf being a

5 speed instead of 4 ) or if anyone knows where I can get a similar shifter for the Golf.

Thanks for the help.

John

Reply to
John Begin

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

The golf is now a cable operated shifter so it won't work.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

On a different note, how long is it supposed to take to get your golf?

Jo Bo

PS I love my 99 "new" jetta tdi

Reply to
Jo Bo

With a welder and a little HACKING anything can be done! Do yourself and your dealer a favor and just don't try it!

Reply to
Woodchuck

I was told 2 to 3 months to get them in (Santa Fe, NM), which was too long to wait in my situation. Fortunately, the same week I needed to find a car, I managed to find a 2001 Golf GLS TDI w/only 24K miles and all the features I was looking for. I've been happy with it so far.

-david

Jo Bo wrote:

Reply to
David Gunter

You can find after-market shifter knobs for the 2004 Golfs here:

-david

John Beg> Hi Gang

Reply to
David Gunter

It will take 8-10 weeks for the Golf to come.

Reply to
John Begin

|Hi Gang | |Just ordered a 2004 Golf TDI ( 5 speed ). I had three air cooled bugs back |in the late 70's and had a nice Indy shifter with a "T" handle in that I |installed in them. | |I still have the Indy shifter which is a nice chrome stick and "T" handle |and was wondering if anyone knows if it would fit the Golf (the golf being a |5 speed instead of 4 ) or if anyone knows where I can get a similar shifter |for the Golf.

Maybe this will work.

The 1.8T Golf guys sure like it. Our NB Turbo has way too much shift throw. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B