Starting and staling problems with 1999 VW GTI VR6

My wife has had many starting problems with her 1999 VW GTI VR6. The problems starting seem to be after driving for a while and then letting the car sit. Plus, when the starting problem usually pop up when it's hot (+ 90 degrees). There have been stalling problems where the car seems to loose electrical power then shut down.

We took the car to a trusted garage and they can find no problems. Can anyone speculate on the problem or has anyone had similar problems?

Reply to
dbrenz

Same issue on our 2000, happened to us twice and turned on the airbag light the second time. The dealer pulled the codes and said that the code/sensor reported the incorrect key being used in the car and the theft feature was killing the car. (same key that has been used 100% of the time we have owned it... go figure.) All for a $70 fee or they would 'include' it in our

40K check up. This was three weeks ago and the problem hasn't returned but the temps have gone higher! Small fee to pay to have it checked and reduce the amount we worry about the issue with the car going off to college 200miles away.

Reply to
Carolina