2003 VR6 Died in Traffic

My wife was driving our 2003, VR6 with automatic, 40,000 miles to work in traffic last week when it suddenly hesitated a few times and died. Plenty of battery power to start the engine, however, it wouldn't fire. Had it towed to a local VW dealership where they weren't able to locate a problem. No error code showed up which seemed strange to me. They kept it for 5 days trying to duplicate the problem, but weren't successful. I've been driving the car for the last week with no problems. Any ideas or has anyone experienced the same problem?

Reply to
Spud

All i can think of is a problem with the fuel pump or the elec. circuit to it. Maybe a bad relay.

SFC

"Spud" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
SFC

Could be a lot of things, but until the car dies it's only a guess!

Reply to
Woodchuck

You need to replace the coil packs. TL

Reply to
Tom Levigne

Why, a VR6 has one coil pack with 3 sections each firing 2 plugs. It's unlikely all 3 would fail at the same time.

Reply to
Woodchuck