Swaping ECU's on 96 Jetta ( maybe a question for woodchuck )

I wanted to find out the proper percedture for swaping out a ECU/Computer in

96 Jetta. I want to be able to plug in the orignal computer back in if I need to. I was told I need the softcode off my current one and I have to put that into the new one, can anyone clear this up?

Thanks, -Lee

Reply to
Lee

Maybe you can find it here: