TDC not correct

Tdc not correct I was following the timing belt instructions on my laptop and musthave jumped a few pages ahead. It dawned on me that the belt should stay attached ubtill I saw the TDC mark. I loosened the tensioner removing the timing belt and locked the cam in place with the tool. To get the lobes up the cam gear was turned 1/4 of a turn clockwide. The TDC is not showing in the window I am;00 hesitant to move it via the crank pully I'm stuck, do I turn the crank to TDC, then what about the injection pump, the alignment hole is about 10:00 right now. HELP

Reply to
2000 bug

as long as the crank isn't at TDC you can turn the cam without damage. Line up the cam first and then the crank. You may have to turn it clockwise or counter to get to TDC. Should turn without much resistance otherwise the piston is touching the valves.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck