trouble removing o2 sensor

I want to replace my o2 sensor on my 84 Rabbit. But I can't figure out an easy way to get to it.. I am trying to come at it from under the intake
manifold, from the driver's side, after removing the intake from the throttle body, and some kind of metallic heater hose. But I can't get enough leverage. I figure it's probably stuck in there pretty good, since it's been there for many years.
So, what's the trick? Thanks.
I think that is how I have done them in the past. From above the engine either the pass or driver side. There are some different types of 02 Sensor wrenches that might allow you better leverage. Sometimes I have to add a small "cheaper bar" onto my wrench, lengthening it, to make it easier to loosen. Be careful and wear gloves and long sleeve shirts. <g>
HEAT is sometimes needed if they have been in there forever!
--
later,
dave

Don't use a cheap bar. It'll break :)
Use a "cheater" bar.
I agree though...leverage is everything.
oops thanks Matt B but my "cheater" bar is an old plumbing pipe and was free/cheap! <g>

Ok, thanks Dave. At least you've validated my approach. I'll try with engine warm, and I didnt know there were special wrenches for o2 sensors, so I'll try that too. Maybe work out a bit too, to get the upper body strength factored in....

some stores might loan you their 02 sensor wrench.