v-10 toureg

Holy smokes but does this beast have some power. Test drove one yesterday while SUV shopping. The '06 V6 just doesn't have enough power, it hunts through the gears way too much. Both during city and highway driving. No surprise as it's just not enough motor for the weight. The V8's an improvement and, supposedly the new '07 V6 is better too. But none of them compare to the V-10 diesel. But at $65k it's just way too expensive. If you want to put a big grin on your face go try driving one.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

VW has brought so few of them into the US that many dealers in the smaller cities never have them on the lots (smaller then your New York / Dallas / LA metro areas)

I would love to test drive one (way out of my buying range) for just what you've said.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

I've seen lots of them here in little ol' Milwaukee.

Reply to
Brian Running
08' models are getting new/updated engines:

3.6 litre FSI V6 - 280 Hp (This will be a huge improvement)

4.2 litre FSI V8 - 350 Hp 6.0 litre W12 - 450 Hp

Plus two new Diesel V6s and an updated version of the diesel V10.

Reply to
Filmophile

Don't need to. I get a big grin every time I drive my '88 Cabbie convertible.

Reply to
Papa

I agree, the one in the '06 was underpowered. The trans ends up 'hunting' too much when you make even slight increases in speed. It's annoying to have it kick down 6-5-4-3 just to change lanes in suburban traffic.

Dunno what the previous one was like but the '07 diesel is something else!

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Likewise my wife's '96 cabrio is entertaining. Just nowhere near the same as the torque on a V-10.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I admire and enjoy well-designed vehicles, but, as they say, bigger is not necessarily better. My 18 year-old Cabbie (8 valve, 108 liter, 90 HP engine) with over 265,000 miles on it still runs like a clock, burns no oil, and still gets over 30 MPG on the highway. I smile every time I pass a gas station. Now that's entertainment!

Reply to
Papa