vr6 oxygen sensor

should I attempt to change the faulty OS on my 02 vr6 gti. average skill level with average tools? I have a TT cat back exhaust system. My friends computer showed the OS as defective, not sure if there is one or two, need to recheck with computer. what is the average cost for aVW or garage to change out. I live in USA. thanks

Reply to
trentoa

Should be easy if you have access to an 02 sensor wrench or socket. Yes there should be two 02 sensors on your vehicle. Make sure that the 02 sensor is not covered on your warranty. I am not sure if yours is 50K miles or 70K miles within a 5? year period. Oh and make sure it is defective too! 8^)

A shop might charge 1 hour time to change one 02 sensor.

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1