VW Golf body damage?

Hi there, Wondering if this is something i need to fix or just get it repainted or what now. The a 3 inch section of the track that is used to jackup the car on my golf is bent inwards and some of the paint is coming off. I dunno how it happend, but it is noticable, but there's no other damage. Probable done when someone was lifting my car to put on tires or what not. I know I've never done it in that location.

Is this something i should get fixed, should i get it repainted, or just get it rust proofed?

Thoughts?

Reply to
HT

If you mean the welded seam where the floor pan and side body panel meet, the same thing happened to mine. I think I was the culprit, though this was many years ago. When it started to rust, I finally just went after it with some pliers to straighten it out, cleaned/scraped/prepped it good, and gave it a good coating with POR-15. Have had no problems since, and it looks fine from 6 feet away.

However, don't jack from there in the future. With that seam trashed, the structural integrity on mine was gone, and I ended up bending the sheet metal the next time I jacked it up. And that I have not fixed - way beyond my limited ability.

Reply to
mark.s