VW Golf III 96' - removal of internal cabin

Hi

Well, I'm not very used to use terms for car parts in another language, but here it goes:

As the subject states I have this VW Golf III 1.8CL from 95' (5door version). I need to mount an antenna on the roof right before the trunk in the rear. DDrilling through the chasis should be easy, but how do I access inside the car behind the cabin cloth? And can I run the wire down by the windows and along the footrest?

Also is there a manual describing such work like this?

Thankyou very much for any inputs

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

language,

Me too :) So, bear with me :)

Are you sure you want that hole in the roof? I have such an antenna (~30cm with amplifier), but the reception is not so stunning...

There is a plastic cover alongside that inner roof cover (or cabin cloth). Just remove that part in the back (I think it is just held by some clips), bend down the inner roof cover a little bit and this should be enough to install the antenna.

Along the side of the roof you will find some "tunnel", which is normally used to pass the antenna cable, which then goes down throug the A-pillar (that metal thing which is at the side of the front window). Foe easier access to that "tunnel" you can remove the "roof handles" together with plastic covers at the side of the "inner roof cover" or how that cabin cloth is called.

But I personally think, that antenna is not worth the trouble.

Reply to
draugaz

Hi

Thankyou very much for the reply.

Bytheway do you know how to remove the A-pillar plastic covers - do I just pull and it will snap-off?

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund