Wet floor in my 2002 Jetta GLS

I noticed the other day that the floor (mostly on the passenger side) in my 2002 Jetta was VERY wet. (I'm confident that it is not from an outside leak as the car is in excellent condition) I've dealt with a bad heater core in the past (1985 Golf) and this is different. I don't smell the sweet coolant like before and the windows aren't fogging up. So I asked around my office the other day and many thought it might just be a clogged air conditioning line. So out I went to unclog this line that so many were sure would be right in front of my noise as I opened the hood. To my discouragement, I cannot find anything that looks like a drainage line. Is there anyone who can direct me to where I can find this air conditioning line and maybe even some other ideas to what else might be causing the floors to be wet. Many thanks for any help for this "do-it-yourself" single mom!

Reply to
marshamoose

Do you have a sunroof? Might be a clogged sunroof drain.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Don't bet on that.

It could be a clogged A/C drain.

I am not sure where it is in your car, but as I recall on my 2002 NB it is only accessible though the engine compartment on the passenger side and requires removing some stuff hiding it. Maybe someone knows a better way, and if they do I will be watching for the answer.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Unless you are still using your AC I would look elsewhere. Could be the sunroof drains or the cowl drains plugged up.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Reply to
marshamoose

Sunroof drains are at the 4 corners of the sunroof, the front drains come out at the doors (open the door and you'll see a rubber drain between the hinges ... squeeze the drain to open the end) and the rear drains come out through the floor of the trunk near the sides of the vehicle. Suggested cleaning procedure is to use a very flexible object to snake through the tubes (perhaps an electrician's fiberglass wire snake or a piece of plastic tubing). I just use compressed air and blow them out.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Thanks for the e-mailed diagram. I will check it out and see if that helps. Do you happen to have a diagram of the air conditioning drain hose location? I might as well check all drains while I'm at it.

Thanks again for your time! m~

Reply to
marshamoose

It usually happens on the passenger side. The rubber plugs slightly release water when the doors open and close. So, if no one opens the passenger side after a long period of rain, it tends to accumulate. Clogged drains also cause this over time. Don't you wish the freaking dealership told you these things when you bought the car? Supposedly the 20k, 30k, and 40k services should take care of this if you request the service instead of the oil change.

Reply to
Bhavesh Patel

Im having same problem on 99 Jetta it has somthing to do with condensate drain, its not antifreeze.Ican turn a corner & the air box is full of water you can hear it hitting the fan then water runs into floorboard. any help would be great.a diagram would help a lot Thanks Todd

Reply to
toddsjetta

You need to clear the system drain under the hood against the passenger side firewall. It's probably plugged with debris.

Reply to
Madesio