nasty creaking sound in 95golf when letting the clutch out in 1st gear

hi ppl... yeah, i'm not sure on this, but the previous owner, for unknown reason, cut a piece of plywood to fit over the spare tire and cover the whole trunk (hatchback model) and I was first under the impression it was just the firm plywood not "giving" with the rest of the frame when you put it into first...but the creaking seems to extend a little farther to the front than you would expect if it was that...you can hear it under and just behind the front seats...

this car went into a ditch with previous owner with just a scratch along door and the front vinyl thing under the bumper torn a bit...is it possible that some drive elements got bent a bit... theres a slight movement in steering well when you take your hands off it at low speed/gear

thanks for reading this in advance my friends..

Rez

Reply to
Rez O'Nance

no problem, yes, uh huh, well, na ja, sure...

Reply to
Peter Parker