What is this used for?

We have an 02 golf and jetta. Yesterday I noticed a small hinged plastic flap close to the windshied behind the rear view mirror where the overhead light cluster is. The owners manual doesn't mention what it's used for. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the interior lights reflecting back into the rear view mirror. After driving the cars for two years I just noticed it.......duh....who can tell me what the real use is? thanks and merry christmas

Reply to
Learstead

Extra sun visor for that spot the regular visors don't get.

Reply to
el lobo

Reply to
Rob Guenther