2001 Focus Wagon ?

I have a 2001 Wagon, for a long time, like since new, there has been some noise from the rear of the car when hitting bumps etc. I didn't think much of it, thought maybe it was a mud flap making the noise. Yesterday I was working in the back area and noticed that one of those square cutouts in the side panel was pushed in. I've wondered what they are for as they don't open that I can see. I pushed the panel in a little and reached inside and pulled out a square plastic frame of some sort. The panel door was pushed in and I couldn't get it out as it's hinged along the bottom.

I checked the left side little door and managed to open it and that one has the plastic frame attached behind. Does anyone know what the panels are for, a place to hide things?

Anyway, I think I found my rattle after many years.

Reply to
Happy Go Lucky

Sometimes if the exhaust hangers get old they break, and your piping might have more movement then they should. So bumps and sudden turns could cause some parts to come in contact. So in the past I've checked the exhaust system piping and hangers. Ofcouse only when cool and car properly secured. ;) But then that's me.

later,

tom @

The Real Tom