Which tailights should be on?

When the headlights are turned on, I only see the one bar lit on each rear light. Is this correct? I never really looked before :)

2000 Jetta GL

thanks

Reply to
william olga

that's correct.

the layout of your rear lights are:

top (red) = brake middle (amber) = turn middle (red) = tail bottom (red) = nothing (used for rear fog on Euro models but unused on US models) bottom (white) = reverse

Reply to
Matt B.

Thank you Matt for the quick reply! Happy holidays to you!

WO

Reply to
william olga

No prob!

And that dead space for the Euro-spec rear fog...it's a very easy task to convert that to something lese like an extra brake light or something. Wiring the rear fog is a little harder (but far from impossible).

You too!

Reply to
Matt B.

I did that exact thing, I have the rear fog jumpered to the brake, so I have two brake lights on each side. I think the extra brightness helps in the summer storms down here in Florida.

Reply to
Jaime