Sudden power loss

I have an '85 Vanagon with an intermittant problem. For a while, every time I drove it, at varying distances, all of a sudden, the engine would lose power, forcing me to pull to the side of the road. I would turn the ignition off for a few seconds, and then start it up, and it would run fine for a mile or two (sometimes more), and the same thing would happen again. I replaced the fuel filter, and it seemed to fix the probem for quite a while, but just the other day, it happened again. Was wondering if anyone else out there, might have experienced the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Rick Koelsch

Bad dist.cap,throttle body boot has a tear or cuts in it

-- Kaveman

Reply to
Kaveman