WTB floor stiffner brace(s) for 82 Rabbit

The floor stiffner channel under drivers seat/floor was crushed using a floor jack. Course that's not the place to jack up the car, expecially with a diesel motor :-( Any ideas for sources, or dimensions to make one locally. TIA Rich. 360k and running.

Reply to
Rich

Not sure what you mean about the "floor stiffner channel"?

I know that places used to sell Rabbit floors. I gave the last one I had away. Maybe TABCO makes them.

that the Rabbits have not been produced since 1992 so parts might be difficult to find.Look here for other places.http://www.aacncclub.com/AUTOBODYPANELS.html At least I think the last of the Rabbits were the 1992 Cabriolets and 1984 for the Sedans.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

In theory it should be possible to import floor parts from South Africa, assuming they haven't changed the design of the floor. Mk1 based Golfs are still produced in South Africa.

Reply to
Homer

Well this is a reinforcing channel (one of two) under the floor near the front seat. Tabco jumps over Rabbit, does not even mention Golf. So it looks like we will just make something out of steel locally. Thank you for the links. rich

Reply to
Rich