1996 chevy brake rotor repair

I have a 1996 chevy K2500 Silverado 4x4 8600 GVW I am trying to remove the rotor so that I can replace it. I have tried to pull the Hub so that i can
remove the brake disc.but no luck If you have some insight in to how to remove the rotor it would be of great help thanks.
Tom wrote:

You are on the right track. You have to remove the rotor and hub as an assembly, then drive out the wheel studs, (need to be careful here if you don't remove the speed sensor as you can break the sensor right off unless you are careful to rotate the hub so that the stud you remove is not lined up with the sensor) and remove the rotor. If you are not careful with the studs, you'll end up needing to replace them. If you are having trouble getting the hub loose, it's probably rusted into the knuckle.....big pry bars are in order here.
Ian
Ok I have knocked the wheel studs out and the hub and rotor are seperated but the hub will not move do need to get a bigger bar????

Tom wrote:

Did you unbolt the hub from the knuckle? It's best to remove the hub and rotor assembly first from the vehicle before you start taking the studs out.
Ian

Tom
Pardon me if you know this already...
There is a special tool to break loose a ring inside the hub. The tool is almost as big as a coke can with little nubs on the end of it. Auto Zone has em.
Charles