1996 Chevy truck

I have been wanting a 4x4 to drive to work. I have an 89 f-150 but it is 2 wheel drive. My dad has a 96 chevy extended cab 4x4 with a stepside bed on it. The problem is it has 247,000 miles. He has had it since almost knew and I know he had it serviced regularly. He swears it does not use oil and gets about 19.1 miles per gallon. (Mostly highway driving which I do).

The air does not work which I can fix. The interrior is a little dirty but the outside looks great. I can get it from him for 3850. It has new tires, exhaust and breaks.

How long can I expect this engine to last? I dont know what I am going to do at this point.

Reply to
stryped

thats a lot of miles, get a new engine before you ditch your F-150 or keep both and only use the 4X for when you really need it.

my $0.019999

Reply to
ed