2.8 help

I'm wondering if someone could help me. I'm looking at buying a Jeep Cherokee with a 2.8L but will not start and the guy said that the starter is out of line and
tends to jump out of line. So if anyone knows anything about this please help. thanks all
PATTON snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Who knows what he's talking about? I do know that I wouldn't give anyone 2 cents for a Jeep Cherokee with the GM 2.8 engine in it. You are just asking for trouble.
Ian
well known for gasket problems, almost got one a few years ago and my family mechanic had 4 at his shop with blows head, or exaust.

RUN don't walk away from this money pit. The 2.8 is baaad news and in a jeep it's nothing but a bastardized AMC product Larry