someone help please!

just a thought....... try with gas cap off !

Henry

Reply to
Henry

My truck was doing something similar recently. I went though the usual cap, rotor, plugs, etc. and it ran a little better. These things were in need of replacing. The thing that fixed it up was cleaning the throttle body, IAC valve, and the connector for the throttle position sensor. It now runs like a champ again. My truck is a '90 302 auto 4x4, but I'm sure the same would apply to your truck.

Chris

You have a few problems. You screwed the pooch when you put duals on it and no O2 sensor made it even worse. Duals can really cut into low end performance and responce big time and the smaller the motor the worse it can be. Second problem is it sonds like bearings are shot on crank because once oil warms up and thins out pressure goes to zero or really low. There are no cheap magic fixes to your problems.

Reply to
TheSnoMan

Good answers, in my opinion. I advise you listen to this, and also I want to add something:

Don't be fooled with that gage. It's not really an oil pressure gage. It only has two modes: "some" and "none". So that's why it drops suddenly. That's the only way it can drop. It's basically wired up like an oil light. And it's your oil light that is coming on when the engine warms up.

Could be the sender, if you're lucky. If you're not a total moron, you'll probably realize that you need to double check your oil pressure before taking drastic action.

The two problems are totally unrelated. Don't try to convince yourself that there's some connection. There's not.

Reply to
Joe

Was the exhaust changed from original? I was wondering if the O2 sensor was by passed. The ECM would work ok cold as the sensors are not on line yet, the computer is running on default settings

Reply to
cen08449

I had the same problem with oil pressure. I even tried going to straight 40W oil with no change. I removed the sending unit, and screwed a hose where the sending unit was, (its was 1/8 pipe thread) and hooked a regular pressure gauge to the hose and started the engine. Oil pressure was well within range. It was my sending unit. You could try that before a re-build and still having the same oil pressure "problem". Save some $$$

Reply to
David Coleman