God help me - I'm such an idiot!

........I left my house at about 7:30 this morning thinking that I could drive the almost 200 miles to the BugJam in Mohnton, Pa. and probably arrive before noon. I'd been to Maple Grove Raceway once before a few years ago so all I did this time was print out the mapquest directions..........I don't need no stinkin' map! Oh yeah, I'd completely forgotten that my daughter accompanied me two years ago and she read the directions and looked at a MAP(!!!) while I was driving. So what happens this time? I'm driving alone without a map in an area that I haven't seen for a few years and I take the wrong route near Reading. If any of you know that area, I took 'business'

222 South instead of the normal rte.222 South that I was supposed to stay on coming from the Allentown direction. So now I'm driving through downtown Reading wondering what happened while trying to out-accelerate those $%^&*@# cavaliers & civics from one light to next with my bug. As I'm driving through most of the city one stoplight at a time, suddenly I see route 422 East! Quickly scanning my direction sheet from mapquest I congratulate myself for determining that 422 East is the road that comes after 222 South. Unfortunately, I was then well past the point that was described and when I figured it out after many many miles, I was totally lost. After several attempts to get directions from the locals and driving all over Pennsylvania it seemed, I finally found someone who could tell a simpleton from NY how to get to Mohnton. BTW, three different convenience stores didn't have any local maps. If you're still reading this, I finally arrived at 3:00 pm and payed $20 to get in for about two hours..............sheesh. If I missed any RAMVA folks by arriving so late, maybe next year!

BTW...........My '77 bug ran great for about 380 miles today and I calculated that it gets 26 mpg when traveling on the interstates & expressways at 70 mph. Not too bad.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

heh heh Feels funny to AGREE with you rather than ARGUE with you. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie