2002 Bravada/Trailbalzer/Yukon

My driving computer on my 2002 Bravada shows typically about 20 mpg. Actual mileage is about 2 mpg less htan registered on the driving computer. Took it to the dealer. The service writer told me the
problem was with the fuel gauge transmitter. He wants to install a new one.
My prior experience with driving computers indicated the gas mileage displayed was a function of miles driven, fuel flow and speed. I never saw any tie in to the fuel transmitter. Anybody else having similar problems? Any fixes that worked?
Thanks, Bil
"Bil" wrote

I would simply be happy that the fuel mileage computer is as accurate as yours is. Oh yes, how does the vehicle measure fuel flow?
Ian
It's probably more accurate than your measurement. If you're measuring it by filling and refilling that's not nearly as accurate as you'd think. Larry