wandering mirrors

I just bought a 2002 Olds Bravada with 20,000 miles on it. Problem: When I get in to drive the automatic mirrors usually go to some position other than the one I programmed with the driver 1 and 2 buttons. Sometimes I don't notice until I am on an on ramp pulling into high speed traffic. Then it's a race to click to the passengers mirror and twiddle the knob to adjust while I listen to squealing brakes and watch obscene jestures.

I removed the reverse curb look feature to keep the mirrors from looking down as I backed up thinking that was too much of an adjustment for the computer to contend with. That may have helped but only very slightly.

I went to the dealer. The service writer told me that the wavey lines on the outside mirrors are sensors that adjust the mirrors for bright lights from the rear. Well I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. Those mirrors are electrochromic and do not hcange positions for bright lights. The wavey lines are just to signify the mirrors are heated. They do have a computer that controlls them to reposition them for each programmed driver.

Anybody else with the same problew with their Trailblazer, Yukon (I think) or Bravada? Anybody had the problems fixed?

Thanks, Bil

Reply to
Bil

Look at the Edmund's forum on GM's tripletts. This should get you close

Do a search on 'wandering mirrors'. Looksto be a common problem with various fixes but the dealer service peopleshould know this. Anyway the forum will give some ideas of what works.

Reply to
DonW