2002 diesel head gasket - warrantee

Had problems with my 2002 chevy diesel 2500HD. Started making a rattling noise and then started spewing out white smoke and then LOW COOLANT light came on.

It's been towed to the dealer and they have not had a chance to look at it. A friend thinks it's probably a blown head gasket. I don't have the manual here (in the pickup) and can't find anything regarding warrantee on the web. It only has 22,000 miles on it.

Anyone know what the warrantee is for this if in fact it ends up being the head gasket? Or the cost if it comes out of pocket? I'm sure it won't be cheep - nothing is with the truck.

Thanks

Reply to
mar10

The Dmax is supposed to have a 100K/6 year warranty on the engine. Unless you had it chipped and they figure that out, they should cover the repairs. If you have oversized tires on it it could go badly too. (bigger than 265's)

Reply to
SnoMan

Greetings,

The warranty should be 3yrs/36,000 miles bumper-to-bumper and 6 yrs/100k miles engine and drive train. Hope you didn't have it modified in any way or you may be in for a struggle to get them to cover the repairs.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan