2004 silverado stereo

stereo sounds good for stock (bose) but none of the controls work except off/on and volume. lights come but cd will not eject or ff or stop or nothing
short of pliers to get out. quick fix or do I rip it out? thanks to anyone in advance. c
cmb007 wrote:

Sounds like the board in it is fried, nnot worth fixing. Replacing it is not going to be cheap though, a factory unit is going to run about $700.00 brand new (dealer only) you might be able to find one in scrap yard or you go aftermarket. You say bose, but do you have on-star too? There is a special wire harness that is required for your year truck and depening on what other features you have will change the model and price. Send me an email at this address if you want and I can tell you all that you will need to go aftermarket, right down to model numbers...
bose speakers, am-fm cd/cassette player (stock) like I said everything plays fine, just no controls. chance of a cable unplugged? No onstar, thanks
azwiley1 wrote:

Nope, no chance a cable is unpluged, wouldn't have anything if that were the case.
anything to check? I don't have problem paying to change out or replace , this is my work truck and I really don't need a " killer sound system" it sounds great. I'm working on it as we speak and I just got the cd to eject by sliding another under it. what u think?
azwiley1 wrote:

Send it out to an authorized GM Electronics service center.
They'll have it fixed and back in 48 hours.
You can find who the closest one to you is by, going to your local GM parts location, and you'll see a desk pad and a few calendars from "Such and Such Electronics".
The dealer will tack on about $50.00 to $100 just for sending it out.
RK