Bose Stereo

I have an 03 GMC 2500 slt with the Bose stereo system speakers fornt and back for...from day one the connections keep failing...etc etc so from day one i never am sure if it worked well or not...They have for brief periods kept it so all front and rear speakers are functioning.....however the rear is barely audible...i have the front on at a normal level and the rear needs be full blast to be heard.at all...so if i have the fader in the middle...u have no idea there are rear speakers..The mechanic claims there are amps in the front speakers....so they are quite a bit boomier and louder than the rear...True?? or have i been screwed around for months?? can u tell your have front and rear or am i being fussy??

Reply to
RM

its under the 3/36 warranty

either fix it or invoke the lemon law if its not fixed in 3 attempts

Reply to
I'm Right

no u misunderstand.......

first i have had them make repair after repair...they have and are conuing to do so...

my question is of someone who ALSO has the Bose stereo...is this just how it is?? aside form the plugs always coming out...when working correctly is it just all based up front with a tiny little unimpressive unnoticeable speakers in the back??

Reply to
RM

im no expert but i dont believe that is the way it is. i think the dealership is screwin with ya. the fronts may have amps but if they do so should the backs. bose in a good home system not sure of its automobile quality.

Reply to
mat

I have the Bose system in my 03 1500 extended cab Silverado. I've had it about 10 months/12,000 miles and i have never had a problem with the connections and it sounds great. One time I started the truck and no sound would come from any speakers but after turning it off for about 30 minutes and turned it back on everything worked fine, no problems since.

Reply to
Goff/Williams

so u do not have to make the fader go 85% rear and 15% front just to hear the rear speakers?

Reply to
RM

RM, I don't have to do that in my 04 crew cab and the sound is phenomenal all the way around........ Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing

had a hunch....i have other car stereos and none of them are this ridiculous

Reply to
RM

Your rear speakers on your truck, most trucks and cars actually, are intended to be a fill NOT your primary listening speaker. The problem is sound staging, you are trying to hear a speaker that is behind and below your ear.

Reply to
azwiley1

Do you have the 6 speaker system? If you do try this: Move the fader all the way to the front and listen to the change. The front door speakers are your primary speakers, they are located in front of you so it sounds like all the sound is coming from the front. If you move the fader all the way front you'll hear the sound coming from those small "tweeter" speakers on the window posts. If you move the fader to the rear you'll hear the sound coming from the rear door speakers. So the center channel is the front door speakers. I was listening to a song one day when I first got this truck and about the middle of the song the audience clapped from behind me. It sounded like I was sitting front row center in a concert, it was awesome.

Reply to
Goff/Williams

I have it in my '04 1500 extended cab...

Mine sounds pretty even all the way around the truck. Something doesn't sound right with your stereo...

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

I just thought of this...

Open the drivers door, and pop off the fuse box cover. You'll see a group of connectors that plug into the fuse block. Push on all of the connectors to make sure they're fully seated.

I hard-wired my radar detector to a power source in there, about

2 days after I got the truck, and I found that one of those connectors was loose. It caused the audible "ding" noise (that drives me up the ****ing wall), to sometimes stop working.

I didn't know anything was wrong at the time until I fully plugged the connector in.

Reply to
Marc Westerlind