2005 GMC saffari

two wheel drv 4.3 problem abs light on brake light on dash on look at gage light on { I am thinking abs module ] but its a $600.00 fix Brake are good just had rear replaced what do you guys think

--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoForumz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.AutoForumz.com/2005-GMC-saffari-ftopict228348.html

You need it scanned with a ABS scanner to figure out what the problem really is. It could be a screwed up wire, or wheel sensor, and the list goes on. It can be a cheap fix, to a expensive fix. Just replacing parts you think it might be can get pretty expensive and a huge waste of time. Was the ABS light on before you replaced the rear brakes? I could make a guess what it could be and test it, but your better just getting scanned. A cheap OBDII scanner will NOT read ABS codes even though they both plug into the same port.

Driver said just the brk light was on the abs light was not until the rear brks where replaced I took it buy the dealer an the tech. looked at it but didnt hook it up I do not have a way to read the abs but will get it read before changing any parts. funny that replaceing rear brk and the light comeing on at that time Thanks for the come back "JBDragon" wrote:

** email masked for security. To view email, see thread url below.

Never one to make assumptions. You have checked the brake fluid level AND made sure the float is not stuck to the bottom of the reservoir tripping the brake warning lights?
Whitelightning
Did add brk fluid will look at sensor his brake are good just will you know no abs and that *amn light :lol
"Whitelightning" wrote