91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question.

I'm getting 6 short and one long flash, over and over. The brakes work, but I was told the code has something to do with the ABS and the number of flashes means something. (code).

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jimw

some info here

Reed

Have the exact same code flashing on my 91 S-10 Blazer. I've checked the usual suspects: parking brake switch, pressure switch. Brakes work fine AFAIK, so it's about time for a piece of black tape over the flashing light..K

Reply to
Ken

Code 7; Shorted isolation valve or faulty ECU

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks

Where are these parts located and what do they look like? A photo would help if there is one on the web somewhere. How does someone test them?

I assume these are next to the master cylinder, but thats just a guess.

Jim

Reply to
Jimw

Today I drove on down to the local PicknPull, found an 89 S-10 Blazer with the same brake control unit (ECM/ECU) as my 91, swapped the part and the brake warning light isn't flashing that 6-1 code anymo's.

On your GMC it's probably located right next to your master cyl. A black box 6" x 4' x1' with two sets of leads out of it

Reply to
Ken