2wd to 4wd conversion?

How difficult would this be? I have all the parts I need. Does the 2wd crossmember come off easily? Thanx..

This is discussed 3-4 times a week. Check the archives.
The short answer: no it's not easy. The frames are different. Sell your truck and buy a 4X4. You will be money ahead.

EXACTLY!!!

Been there, done that! WON'T do it again. Take the previous advice and get a for sale sign. Good Luck

1: Helps if we know what truck you are talking about. 2: Burn your truck. The world will be better for it. 3: Buy a real truck.
:-)
-The Lonely Grease Monkey 1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor
"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson
I apologize for sounding silly or "newbie" Truth is I've owned the original truck 1986 K-10 4 speed for 15 years. It had a 305 originally, I installed a 1969 350 4bolt. It is fairly worked, It gets out of its own way to say the least. But it is rotting in all the normal places. I purchased a 1984 C-20 in amazing condition. I already have all the info on body - bed - nose swap. I just wanted to hear a little bit on the other way. I will apparently be doing a body swap. I hope I can obtain info here when I need it. I'd be glad to give it when I can.

Not silly, and it was a joke about burning your 2wd. I don't know which would be easier. Maybe the easiest would be a 4-bar suspension with 24" of travel on the 2wd?
-The Lonely Grease Monkey 1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor
"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson
Chris, Take a good look at the floorpans of both trucks. Have a tape measure handy. I think the C and K are different around the tranny/transfer case hump. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. If you are comfy fabing sheet metal and have the time, go for it. It sounds like a fun project. JR
--
Computer Tips & Tweaks
Builds/Upgrades/Repairs

Or as the Judge said to Wacko Jacko yesterday "Take this (post) as a polite WARNING!"