GMC Jimmy 4wd to 2wd conversion

I am looking to take a 91 GMC Jimmy 4x4, with a perfect body, to a 2WD lowrider. I have no use for a 4WD. The guy who owns the truck pulled the motor and tranny out of it to put into another vehicle and doesn't need the Jimmy. The rear-end isn't that big of a deal. I'm planning on doing a 3 link air-ride system. My concern is the front end. Can I take a front clip out of a 2WD and install the front cross member and suspension into the 4WD frame? Any help would be appreciated.

Derick

Reply to
Jack Jones

Jay Anderson

Reply to
Jack Jones

Reply to
Jack Jones

It would probably be easier to get a 2x4 frame and put the 4x4 body on it.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

Oh jeeze I thought you meant an S10 jimmy (IE: trash). Poor lil' Jimmy.... I've found the largest thing to make a lowered blazer look good is a cowl induction hood. Somehow, it makes it so it's not quite so goofy looking. (No way to have a non-goofy lowered FS jimmy) You can "clock up" the transfer case by turning that lobe counter clockwise by a bolt or so - that way you have a flatter belly pan. You can actually clock it up to it wont go below the frame rails.

or
has aftermarket cross-members so your belly pan will be flatter.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ