700R4 in place of TH350

I have a green wire and a blue with black stripe. Which one do I hook to power for the lock/up and what is the other wire for Thanks Digit

Reply to
Digit

one will have 12 V on it with IGN on, and it will go to zero when you hit the brakes

the other is a feed to either the ECM to signal that lock-up has been enabled by the internal governor switch in the 350C or it will go to an EGR solenoid or similar emissions device

what year is your 700 ? if post-86, it will need an ECM ground application to lock up

power for the lock/up and what is the other wire for Thanks Digit

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Tranys from 82 3/4 ton with 6.2 deiisel with cable kickdown

Reply to
Digit

you have a true oddball there

first, the diesel converter is not compatible with a gas engine

second, the in-pan wiring is unique, not adaptable to use with a gasser

third, the cable is not 'kickdown'. it is a 'throttle' cable, which controls both line pressure and shift points, and aslo function to cause forced downshifts at full extension

finally, the 82-84's had numerous problems, which were not resolved till 85 model year

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Thought you said it could be rewired?

Man... I let my girl drive my truck for about 200 miles. I drove it for about 5 minutes and decided something was wrong. The fix I did to the end of the detent/throttle/kick down/modulator cable broke and it had nothing....

It's an 82 or 83 (forget now) - what should I be expecting?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

it will need a different harness, and if I was involved in the project, it would get both a valve body and a separator plate from a gaas unit of the proper model

input sprag failure, for starters

short clutch life, rear planetary problems, shall I continue ?

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer