'88 Jimmy brake lights staying on

I have an 1988 S-15 2WD Jimmy and the brake lights sometime stay on after I have turned off the vehicle. I cant seem to track down the switch or relay
thats doing this - anyone have ideas or seen this before?
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
BTW - I have tried just lifting the brake pedal out with my foot to no aval. I just did some more searching and looks like the switch should be up there somewhere above the pedal. I will look again when I have more light.

sounds like the common brake light switch problem...
connector pins get corroded or melted to the point they touch and stay in a constant closed loop, i.e. the lights stay on
my 85 Nissan Maxima had that problem, killed the battery TWICE but the changing of the switch fixed it.
Jason

infinite wisdom they wielded a nice tab on the pedal arm for the brake light switch to hit, then they drilled a big ole hole in it and put a nice plastic plug in it for the metal pin on the brake light switch to hit. after a couple years the pin would wear or crack the plug and the brake lights would stay on. It rates right up their with their using a natural rubber diaphragm in the brake booster, Master cylinder starts by-passing and leaking and you get to not only replace the master, you get to buy a booster too. Whitelightning
I did find the switch and moved in down - it now makes contact and turns the brake lights off. However, the switch it pretty loose and moves free in its mount - seems like there should be a nut or something to hold it tighter.