Brake Light Problem

Greetings All, I just have a question about my 89 Chevy 1500. I have no brake lights or 4 way flasher but I do have signals. I thought that it might be the fuse but replaced it as well as the flasher under the dash and still have no brake lights. I have checked the bulbs and they all work.(took them out and tried them manually) but still have had no luck any bod had this problem in the past and could give me some help in where else to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanns in Advance

Richard

Reply to
Richard Knight

Check the back of the plug on the back of the light assembly and see if you are getting power to it. I had a similar problem on a 2000 Chevy C2500. The problem was the bus bar that runs inside the lens assembly had corroded. I replaced lens assembly and they worked. Got the replacement at NAPA auto parts cheaper then the dealership.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

Check to See if You lost THE GROUND to The Truck BED Happens a lot Here in Michigan!!

THe Brake and The 4 ways and the turn signal use the Same wires.. Turn on your Headlights and you will See that The Turn signals No longer work while the Headlights are on

Richard Knight wrote:

Reply to
Santa