88 k2500 Trouble code

I am getting code #43 under hard acceleration.

There is knock or rattle first then the light comes on.

Does it sound like the knock sensor? I just put a small fortune into the truck so I want it to run right but I don't want to waste money on parts.

Reply to
Tconn756

Shep

Hey man,

Heres the deal. Code 43 is electronic spark control(ESC). Your ESC module is not receiving a signal from the Knock sensor. Its either the wire is broke on the Knock sensor(happened to me),Knock sensor is toast,or lastly(least probable)the ESC module is toast.

Reply to
snay