88 k2500 Trouble code

I am getting code #43 under hard acceleration.
There is knock or rattle first then the light comes on.
Does it sound like the knock sensor? I just put a small fortune into the truck so I want it to run right but I
don't want to waste money on parts.
The knock is creating a code, what is the knock in the engine, spark knock not controlled by the ecu or knock sensor, these are the first concerns. The sensor senses the knock, signals the ecu to retard the timing as it assumes it is spark knock.

-
Hey man,
Heres the deal. Code 43 is electronic spark control(ESC). Your ESC module is not receiving a signal from the Knock sensor. Its either the wire is broke on the Knock sensor(happened to me),Knock sensor is toast,or lastly(least probable)the ESC module is toast.