Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

02 suburban tires and wheels
i need some more advise. if i install 285/50-20 on my 02 suburban, will i lose ride comfort? according to a tire converter i will have a .88 mph change in my speedometer. if im going 65 with stock, i...
7
7

is there a tbi aftermarket intake to convert old sbc block to tbi ?
I know they make a carb intae for the tbi but what about the tbi to old school pre 1986 blocks ?.. I have an awesome 350 4 bolt main to drop in but can't find an intake.. thanx for any advice.. OH for...
3
3

Hubs making noise
Hi all, Today I was backing out of a snowbank in 4wd and my front hubs were making a loud clickity-clack sound like something was gonna break. It's an '86 K20 with manual hubs. Could it be the front...
3
3

engine running issues.
What would cause a 4.3 v6 to when under heavy throttle stutter ?.. but if you accelerate slow it runs fine ?.. I am assuming fuel filter or bad fuel prs regulator.. but thought I would ask the guru's...
4
4

Practical joke - need to know how to do
Some people may have seen this on the web, some may have seen it as a Bonus item on the Employee of the Month DVD, but I want to mess with a friend of mine by hooking up his horn and his brakes. eg,...
21
21

2003 Yukon XL Denali - Rear AC wigging out
I have a (see subject) and the rear AC is really wiggy. I thought it was completely shot at one point, so I checked every fuse I could find. They were all fine. I went without AC for a few months...
7
7

OT: Need help with Barber's Buick (quad driver and cam sensor)
I'd send this to another group...but I don't know who is abominable and who is not (know what I mean?) I've followed and contributed to this group for some time and would prefer to ask the question...
7
7

anyone know how to test a 4wd actuator ?
I have a 1990 chev 4x4 the actuator wire was unplugged, the guy I bought the truck from said it was broken... .I plugged it back in to try it but the 4wd does not seem to be engaging.. The light in...
16
16

Temp Gauge
Hello Ive noticed a slow move back and forth on my 06 duramax engine temp (180 to 200). Is this normal. Ambient air lately is around 46 to 76 degrees. mc

98 Blazer dies after 20 miles ( Help:-(
Blazer keeps dying after a short run on the road, In neutral the motor will start and run but when put into gear just moves a few feet and dies again, when it sits for a while its good for a few more...
6
6

2004 GMC Instrume nt Cluster Self Test
Is there a way to trigger a self diagnosis of the instrument cluster of a 2004 GMC Pickup? I know with some Fords I can hold the odometer reset when I turn the ignition switch to "run" and trigger a...
1
1

Should I replace my transmisison myself?
I have a '94 1/2 Suburban 4x4 and the transmission is shot. I would seriously like to replace it myself, but I need to understand what that involves. The most I have done myself in the past is to...
1
1

Centering Steering Wheel
Had truck aligned now steering wheel is not straight. How do you adjust? 2007 Chevy Silverado
12
12

2004 K2500 rattle in the front end
i have a 2004 K2500HD, i have a small rattle in the front suspension, i put it up on the jack, everything seems to be good and tite. it sound like it could be in the steering column but im not sure?...
4
4

Upgrade advice please. (57 and 61 Chev)
Hi, we have two trucks, a 57 and a 61 and are thinking of putting discbrakes in (redo the front suspension) and adding powersteering to it. Now we are in South Africa so we would like to ask you guys...