91 Blazer/ 87 Nissan

Hi, I have a 91 Blazer 4x4, not bad gas mpg for it's age, about 16-17 in town, a little better on the highway. I am looking at a 87 4x4 Nissan for my son, but the owner said it only gets about 18mpg on the highway. Doesn't
that sound pretty poor for a little 4cyclinder 5speed? jb
not at all, the blazer has more horsepower to push the truck at speed, whereas the nissan has to work harder to go the same speed