Knock sensor '91 Blazer

I just finished putting a rebuilt engine in a '91 Blazer and came across a connector that was not connected to anything. Come to find out this was not the first time this engine was replaced in this vehicle. I finally got a chance to look under the hood of another '91 and found out that I am missing a knock sensor (I think) that is mounted on top and on the back of the motor near the bell housing. The new engine seems to be running very well and no knocking. The owner/driver of the vehicle is NOT a lead foot (quite the opposite) so I am wondering if it is worth the trouble and expense to even bother with installing this sensor.

Any comments?

Tim

Reply to
Utopian Drifter

The knock sensor is mounted near the oil pan on the side of the block in one of the coolant passage drain holes...NOT on the top back of the engine, that is the oil pressure sender area.

Reply to
Shades

some have them back in the flange where the bell housing bolts on

like the 3.8 Buick's

Reply to
TranSurgeon

This is where it is mounted on my 91 suburban, just above the starter, passenger side. I would install it if I were you.

mark

Reply to
r_d